Paulie Steinman started the South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club (SBWC) as a side gig in 2010. At the time there were no other dedicated Powerlifting and Weightlifting Gyms in Brooklyn or any of the other Boroughs of New York and Paulie needed a place for himself and his friends to train. Since its humble beginnings in a warehouse in Red Hook, Brooklyn, SBWC has grown in size (10,000 square feet) and reputation as the premier barbell sports, strength, and performance training facility in Brooklyn and New York City.
Paulie has committed thousands of hours to honing his craft and he is adept at coaching people of any age or skill level. He is equally comfortable coaching an absolute novice in his gym as he is coaching an athlete at a world championship. His patience, his critical eye for details, and his extensive knowledge make Paulie one of the most sought-after powerlifting coaches in the country.
Credentials and Accomplishments:
- USA Powerlifting Senior International Coach
- USA Powerlifting Masters Classic Powerlifting National Team Head Coach, 2015-present
- USA Powerlifting Executive Committee Member
- USA Powerlifting Coaching Course Instructor
- USA Powerlifting Co-State Chair of New York
- USA Powerlifting Regional Meet Chair
- USA Powerlifting Meet Director
- IPF Category II Referee International Referee
- Kinstretch Level I Instructor
- USA Weightlifting Level II Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- USA Weightlifting State Referee
- Reactive Training Systems Staff Coach
- Co-founder, Beat the Weight